That’s about all I can really think to say about 2008. In just about every way measureable, 2008 was just huge for us, and we’d like to thank everyone that has been a part of it. Not only our wedding and portrait clients, but the other wedding professionals that we worked with, our families, the Taco Tuesday people, and our support team.
2008 was definitely a year of change for us as our business continues to mature with the challenges that a full schedule and a young family can bring. The short list of the major events that happened this year are as follows:
1. We dissolved our business as a “DBA” and reformed as a S-Corp
2. In the same month, we openned a brand new studio space here in Canton
3. We launched a portrait business which quickly outpaced our expectations
4. We hired our first employee
5. We were voted the 2nd best wedding photography studio in Northeast Ohio
6. We placed highly in several international competitions
7. We were named as one of The Knot’s “Top Knots” in the area
8. We became a part of and (I think) really cemented an amazing network of like minded area photographers who have figured out that we have a lot more to gain by helping each other and sharing experiences then treating each other like “competition”. Through this, we have gained not only professional colleagues, but real friends as well.
As 2008 is winding down, we are also looking ahead to 2009 which has been our fastest selling year. Ever. We have some amazing weddings to shoot and some big plans for more changes and improvements to come.
Stay tuned and enjoy to show!